Life without WhatsApp has become so tough, probably because we are getting addicted to it. WhatsApp is useful and helpful too, reason why we are dependent on it. It makes messaging and file sharing easiest and with the calling feature it’s become pocket friendly. If you get such a lot of features at free of cost then why not. I’m every alternate person reading this, uses it. But how much does one know about it?
10 Crazy WhatsApp Facts You Probably Didn’t Know:-
- WhatsApp doesn’t spend much. Yes, you read it right. You may surprised to understand that it had spent ZERO amount of money in promoting, PR and user acquisition. Amazing, no?
- WhatsApp value is more than the Gross Domestic Product of some countries like Iceland, North Korea and Jamaica. Wow! Did you ever imagine that WhatsApp might be this important? More than a country’s GDP? unbelievable.
- In spite of spending so less, WhatsApp is value more than some of the world’s largest companies like Harley Davidson whose value is 14 billion dollars or american Airlines with value 12 billion dollars. It’s shocking that the company is value more than NASA’s annual budget which meant to be 17 billion dollars approximately.
- Ever wondered how popular WhatsApp is? Well, we may say that by how much we use it. As on January, 2015 it had said that 30 billion messages gets sent and received every day. Billions in a day, are you able to guess the popularity it has?
- WhatsApp is one of the reasons behind this selfie craze. It pointed out that WhatsApp was responsible for 27% selfies shared on social media. Unbelievable.
- WhatsApp says that an average user checks/opens the app a minimum of 23 times on a daily basis. However you know better and that’s undoubtedly more than that. Addiction it is!
- you may definitely not believe this but it’s true that WhatsApp has only 55 employees. How is that this possible? I can’t answer that but one factor I surely recognize that they must drenched in money.
- Facebook and Twitter both, is spite of getting the chance, did not hire the founder Brian Acton. Now look where he’s. They must be regretting.
- The App is 5th most downloaded app within the world. You know why.
- WhatsApp has only 34 engineers. Are you able to imagine what that means? Well, it directs that each engineer handles 23 million active users. Must be incredibly genius!
WhatsApp got plenty things right within the beginning and its growth rate is reportedly quicker than Facebook’s. With Mark Zuckerberg even saying “WhatsApp is on a path to connect one billion people”. But with such a huge amount of money on the table – One has to surprise what $19 billion could’ve used for instead?
So What do you think of the recent news? allow us to know in the comments section below.