<p style=”text-align: justify;”>In a country of 1.2 billion people, most of who are passionate about cricket. How does one stand out as the biggest cricket fan of them all?
That’s what sets Sudhir Kumar Chaudhary except the others. We’ve all seen him on television, his body painted within the Indian colors, with Sachin Tendulkar‘s name painted across, blowing the conch and waving the Indian flag incessantly. Several of us have even noticed him throughout India matches.
But however well will we know Sachin Tendulkar‘s super fan?
11 Facts Know About Sudhir Kumar Chaudhary, Sachin Tendulkar’s Superfan:-
- His relationship with cricket started in 2002. Sachin Tendulkar scored 36 runs against England at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata, and an awestruck Sudhir was fascinated enough to give up everything and follow him.
- The next year, in 2003, India was hosting New Zealand and Australia in a tri-series. In 3 weeks, Sudhir cycled 1700 km from Muzaffarpur, Bihar, to Mumbai. His sole intention upon reaching was to meet Tendulkar.
- He learnt regarding Sachin’s press conference at the trident hotel. When Sachin arrived, he waded through journalists and photographers and fell at Sachin’s feet. The Indian batting legend invited him home for lunch.
- Sachin had lunch with him and gave him a ticket for an upcoming match. Sudhir had graduation exams coming up thus Sachin suggested him to travel attend them and return after completing them.
- In the match against New Zealand at Cuttack, India were in trouble therefore he ran on to the pitch to touchSachin’s feet. Tendulkar told the police not to beat Sudhir up but he was still thrown out of the stadium.
- Shortly after that, Sachin scored a century against Australia in Hyderabad. ” If I ran on to the field when India were doing badly, however could I not do so once Sachin Sir had scored 100,” says Sudhir in an interview with Wisden India. However this point, the police didn’t show any mercy. Sudhir was beaten up and jailed.
- It’s since become a yearly event. Sudhir travels to Mumbai to deliver a thousand litchis (a fruits which grows in abundance in his village in Muzaffarpur ) at Tendulkar’s house. Sachin, in turn, sponsors his tickets to all India matches.
- during India’s tour of Pakistan, he stayed with Chacha, Pakistan cricket’s most celebrated fan, in Lahore.
- Ever since the IPL started, he has been supporting Mumbai Indians because it’s Sachin Sir’s team.
- He missed IPL season 2 as a result of it was held in South Africa and he couldn’t fund his trip on short notice.
- Earlier, he had ‘Sachin’ painted on his torso during matches. however ever since Sachin retired, he has changedthat to ‘Miss U Sachin.’