HIV was additional prevalent in men than in women and was seen in people between 15-49 years of age. Although the quantity of HIV cases has decreased by 50% in 2011. Most people lack awareness about the condition. To assist you out in this regards, hence here are eleven things about HIV/AIDS you got to understand.
13 Important HIV AIDS Facts :-
- More than 35 million people live with HIV worldwide.
- “HIV” (Human immunodeficiency Virus) is a virus that infects the immune system, decreasing its ability to fight off other infections and diseases.
- About 30 million people have died from HIV/AIDS-related causes since its discovery in 1981. Roughly 1.7 million died of HIV/AIDS in 2011 alone.
- HIV are often transmitted through unprotected sex, transmission of infected blood, sharing infected needles or other sharp instruments, and from a mother to her baby during pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding.
- Over 1.1 million people within the U.S.A. are living with HIV, however nearly one in 6 don’t know it. Do yourself and loved ones a favor.
- 70% of all people living with HIV (24.7 million) live in sub-Saharan Africa, as well as 91% of the world’s HIV-positive kids.
- In 2007, more or less 74% of HIV/AIDS diagnoses were in males and 26% in females.
- Every 9.5 minutes someone is diagnosed with HIV the the United States.
- Gay and bisexual men of all races are the most radically affected by HIV in the United States.
- At the end of 2011, there have been 3.3 million youngsters living with HIV around the world.
- Most people living with or at risk of contracting HIV don’t have access to prevention, care, or treatment. Hence of 2014, there’s no cure for the virus.
- Over 900 children become newly infected with HIV each day globally.
- AIDS is that the most studied disease in history.
It’s hard to believe that HIV/AIDS has only been a recognized for concerning 30 years. Since in that time, the plague has gone from a relatively unknown disease to a worldwide health crisis and claimed over 30 million lives. Despite progress, AIDS continues to kill about 8,000 Americans every year. Elsewhere within the world, significantly Sub-Saharan Africa, the situation is much more dire, with over 15 august 1945 of the population infected with AIDS in some nations.