are fascinating, impulsive even, something that unicorns will pledge by and elves will worship, however thank god for they’re brazenly real.
Beards have conferred status throughout the history, and rightly therefore. After all, growing a beard is perhaps the simplest gift a person can ever get. So, for all the beard enthusiasts out there, we’ve compiled a list of 20 great facial hair facts that you just should know.
14 Interesting Facts About Beards :
- On average, a man’s beard can grow 5.5 inches per year.
- If you were to put down the razor and stop shaving forever, however long would your beard be? 27.5 feet.
- A person who shaves spends roughly 3,350 hours of his life within the bathroom.
- There are around 30,000 whiskers encompassing your face.
- 55% of men from the around world can be seen sporting a beard or facial hair.
- Pogonophobia, aka fear of beards. should you funnily enough have this, you’ll expirence symptoms of nausea, feelings of dread, sweating and irregular heartbeat, among others. who knew a soft, fuzzy beard can be a traumatic experience for some…
- Beards were once taxed, it’s true. Peter the great encouraged cleanshaveness and for those that didn’t comply, he taxed them 100 rubles a year for a medallion. This medallion served as a license to wear a beard. though the principal at hand wasn’t about just money.. His inscription on the beard license read, “The beard may be a useless burden.”
- Within the past 25 years, there are 5 scientific studies involving the attractiveness of beards. Reed & Blunk, 1990. Muscarella & Cunningham, 1996. Neave & Shields, 2008. Dixson & Brooks, 2013.
- Beards increase 3 things: Your age, social rank and aggressiveness. In the Dixon and Vasey (2012) study ladies found men with beards to look older and appear to be of a better social status. in the same study. Men with beards had a a lot of aggressive appearance when they were angry verse an angry shaved man.
- Beards grow quicker within the daytime than the nighttime.
- Facial hair was once prohibited in military.
- 98% of the Forbes 100 list of the world’s richest men are shaved.
- Amazingly, the longest female beard ever recorded was measured at 30cm.
- The only king without a mustache in a deck of cards is that the king of hearts.
And there you’ve got it — 14 of the most interesting facts about the beards. we hope you find it interesting. Why not go celebrate by growing your own beard today — or if you’ve got one, treating it to an extra helping of some beard oil. It deserves it.