also called Bharatiya Nau Sena, is that the naval branch of the armed forces of India which functions together with the Indian Air Force and the Indian Army. Indian Navy is the fifth largest Navy in the world.
The Ezhimala naval academy in Kerala is that the largest of its kind in Asia. The Indian Navy can trace its lineage back to the 17th-century East India Company’s Marine; Hence it was succeeded by the Royal Indian Navy, which was renamed in 1950 after India became a republic. 17th-century Maratha emperor Chhatrapati Shivaji Bhosle is considered as the ‘Father of the Indian Navy’. For any nation, the Navy is as important because the Army, typically more. India has the longest outline for any country and our Navy, one amongst the strongest in the world, gives the country several strategic benefits making India one of the leading forces in Asia.
Here are some facts related to Indian Navy:
15 Amazing Indian Navy Facts :-
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Raje Bhosale is considered as the Father of Indian Navy because he engineered a powerful naval presence across the coast of Konkan and state to protect sea trade.
- Since The Navy is among the top 10 naval forces of the world. In fact it’s the 5th largest navy within the world.
- The Sagar Prahari Bal (SPB) is a unit of the Indian Navy, that is responsible for patrolling India’s coastal waters.
- The Indian Navy fought one of the biggest naval conflicts since the Second world war.
- British East India company established their navy East India Company’s Marine in 1612, which later became Royal Indian Navy.
- Navy day isn’t about the foundation of the navy however celebrating the success of operation trident, an attack on Pakistani naval Headquarters.
- INS Viraat was the navy’s first aircraft carrier and technically the oldest aircraft carrier within the world.
- The Ezhimala academy in Kerala is the largest naval academy in Asia.
- Saagar Pawan is one amongst the 2 naval aerobatic teams that exists in the world.
- The Indian navy has a special Ops force within them called the MARCOS.
- The Indian Navy also conducted 3 international operations.
- The missile BrahMos, is that the fastest cruise missile in the world with a speed of Mach 2.8 – 3.0.
- The Indian Navy has with success completed an expedition to the North Pole and the South Pole.
- India will have its 1st supercarrier in INS Vishal by 2025.
- The Navy played a key role operational Rahat and the evacuation of Indian nationals from Libya and Aden.
India is about to experience superior strength at sea with its freshly acquired INS Visakhapatnam, that is the first in its class of stealth missile destroyers and also the largest that will the Indian Navy will own till date.
So proud to be Indian. And share your opinion..