The official name for Russia is Russian Federation. Russia shares borders with several countries together with China, Ukraine, North Korea and Norway. In terms of area, Russia is largest country in world. Since Russia is placed across 9 time zones.
15 Facts About Russia:-
- At the start of 2013, Russia was estimated to own a population of around 143 million.
- Russian is official language of Russia. Since there are several different languages employed in numerous parts of the country.
- The capital and largest town in Russia is Moscow. different major cities in Russia include Saint Petersburg, Yekaterinburg and Novosibirsk.
- Russians drive on the right-hand aspect of the road.
- The currency utilized in Russia is ruble.
- Russia features a wide range of natural resources and is one among the world’s largest producers of oil.
- The world’s 1st satellite, hence named sputnik launched by the Soviet Union in 1957.
- The Soviet Union (USSR) was a socialist state that occupied a lot of of northern Asia and eastern Europe from 1922 till it had dissolved in 1991. Former Soviet states include Georgia, Lithuania,Kazakhstan,Latvia, Ukraine and others.
- Also former Soviet states include Russia features a wide range of natural resources and is one among the world’s largest producers of oil.
- Kremlin in Moscow is the official residence of the Russian president .
Russia is one among 5 permanent members of the UN Security Council, together with the U.S, UK, China and France. Russia has over 40 national parks and 100 wild reserves. Lake Baikal is largest fresh lake in world. It reaches 1642 metres (5,387 feet) in depth and contains around 200th of the world’s unfrozen water.
Whats your opinion about Russia?