is one of the deadliest diseases known to mankind, and for good reason. Throughout the past year, an a virus of Ebola has ravaged Africa, with thousands of cases reported and thousands a lot of dying.
There are several cases of Ebola even in Europe and also the USA. Thus it’s important to own at least the basic awareness of this malicious, deadly disease. Therefore, we created a list of 25 curious facts concerning Ebola you must know that will help you higher understand the disease and may teach you the fundamental rules of prevention. Discover why Ebola is such a terrifying disease with these mind-blowing facts:
15 Interesting Mind Blowing Ebola Facts :-
- The Ebola virus isn’t waterborne or airborne.
- In keeping with the Centers for disease control and prevention (CDC), Ebola virus can be transmit to others through direct contact with blood or secretions associate degree fluids of an infected person.
- Exposure to any objects contaminated by infected bodily secretions and fluids may transmit the disease from person to person.
- Spread of Ebola can happen through close contact once caring for ill persons.
- Without proper cleaning and sterilization of medical equipment, Ebola will spread quickly.
- Ebola virus could be a severe acute viral sickness usually mistaken as malaria, typhoid fever, shigellosis, cholera, leptospirosis, plague, rickettsiosis, relapsing fever, meningitis, hepatitis and other hemorrhagic fevers. The world Health Organization (WHO) recommends that these diseases be dominate out before diagnosis of Ebola virus.
- Ebola is one in all many hemorrhagic fevers.
- The natural reservoir host of Ebola virus remains unknown.
- Experts believe Ebola is zoonotic with fruit bats being the likeliest reservoir and is transmit to people from wild animals, then spreads from human to human.
- Ebola is now a lot of commonly known as Ebola virus disease.
- Its caused by an infection with a virus of the family Filoviridae, genus Ebolavirus.
- Ebola was 1st discovered in 1976 in former Zaire. What’s now the Democratic Republic of the Congo near the Ebola river.
- Case fatality rate for Ebola virus is 90%, according to the World Health Organization.
- Ebola virus is treat by balancing the patient’s fluids and electrolytes. Since maintaining their oxygen status and blood pressure; and treating them for complicating infections.
- Doctors treating ebola virus patients should wear protective clothing masks, gloves, gowns, and goggles; Hence use infection-control measures like complete equipment sterilization and routine use of disinfectant and isolated infected patients to reduce contact with unprotected patients to protect themselves from contracting Ebola virus.
The number of Ebola cases by January 20, 2015 expect to reach a horrific 1.4 million if nothing done to prevent the spread of the virus.Hence the exponential propagation of Ebola is truly scary.
Whether or not you have got been paying attention to outbreak news, also now’s the time to carefully prepare yourself for the epidemic that has been spreading like wildfire within the past few months. What do you think? Should we be scared?