Independence Day means freedom for India and its Citizens. It’s a most significant of India celebrated each year since India got independence from Britishers. People in India celebrate it with a lot of preparations and courage. India is country of “Unity in Diversity” where people from different religions live but any national occasion means that for them as single and celebrate it together.
20 Interesting Facts About Independence Day:-
- On 15th of August in 1947, India got freedom from the British rule.
- After a lot of struggle India got freedom in 1947 in Midnight.
- Since first Independence Day of India celebrated in 1947, 15th of August by hosting tri-coloured flag.
- Later it had declared as National and Gazetted Holiday, all schools and colleges open for a few hours only to celebrate it with some Academic and cultural work.
- After a flag hoisting ceremony, National Anthem is sung.
- Rani Laxmi Bai had fought against the British rule, she fought like a tiger and sacrificed her life.
- Mahatma Gandhi led the country to get freedom, through his non-violent movement.
- In last 100000 years of history, India has never attacked the other country.
- Earlier there was a Valley named Indus that became the 1st Inhabitant of India and so it became the reason of origin of name “India”.
- Princely states of India brought along by the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel throughout the freedom struggle movement of the country.
- Bhagat Singh threw a bomb on the British government throughout meeting that he was in remand and Hung.
- Indian freedom struggle also supported by some the Britisher’s also, Dr. Annie Besant had supported the Home Rule league in India.
- Ashfaqualla Khan was a Good freedom fighter who given a death sentence where he 1st kissed the noose before getting hanged.
- Ignorance of British Government orders was fully initiated in Civil Disobedience Movement of 1929.
- In 1930, Mahatma Gandhi since started Dandi March as an Indian independence movement for making own salt against the British rule.
- Quit India Movement started in 1942 to widespread non-violent struggle all over the India for Getting freedom.
- 15th of August celebrated as Independence Day in countries like Bahrain (from UK in 1971), South Korea (got freedom from Japan in 1945)and also Congo (from France in 1960).
- At the time of independence of India, gold worth was (in 1947) 88.62 Rs/10 grams but now, it is 28,795 Rs/10 grams.
- Indian rupee in 1947 was up to Re 1 = $1 and since now it is 61.43/dollar.
- On 15th of August 1947, First Cabinet (group of 13 ministers) of India had taken an oath.
Independence Day celebration formally takes place at Red Fort, Delhi. When India became Independent, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru became its 1st Prime Minister and hoisted the National Flag on Red Fort, Delhi. During the time of Independence of India, There was no any National Anthem.
What would you say about Independence Day?