Did you know that the Bible is by far the best-selling and most well liked book of all time? The second best-selling book is one containing the sayings of Mao Tse-tung, with more or less 900 million copies in print. However this dwarfed by the very fact that more than 6 billion copies of the Bible are printed.
Yet the Bible remains a book that author Bruce Barton called The Book no one is aware of. We’ve Bibles; we purchase Bibles as gifts for people; We place them on display in our homes and on our shelves. But can we really know much regarding this wonderful book?
25 Interesting Facts About Bible:-
- Jehovah’s Witnesses don’t celebrate birthdays because the only 2 accounts of birthday parties in the Bible resulted in murder.
- Within the second Matrix movie, Agent Smith’s license plate is “IS 5416”, which refers to Isaiah 54:16 from the Bible: “Behold, I have created the smith that blow the coals within the fire. Which bring the forth an instrument for his work; And that I have created the waster to destroy.”
- Laws mentioned in the Bible needed farmers to leave parts of their fields unharvested for strangers, a practice that also exists in parts of the world.
- Methuselah, from the Bible, accredited as being the oldest person to have ever lived, dying at the age of 969 years, however it’s thought that this is a mistranslated which he was 969 lunar months old when he died (78.5 years old) since early Judaic tribes used lunar months to gauge time.
- According the stories within the Bible, God killed minimum 2,400,000 people, whereas Satan killed solely about 10.
- Bob Marley buried with his red Gibson guitar, a Bible opened to Psalm 23, and a bud of marijuana.
- There’s a “Gospel of Judas” not found in the Bible that speaks of Judas as the only 1 of Jesus’ disciples who fully understood his teachings. He turned Jesus Christ over to the Romans because Jesus Christ asked him to.
- The phrase ‘God never gives you over you can handle’ never seems within the Bible and actually the opposite claimed multiple times
- In 1631, 2 London Bible printers accidentally left the word “not” out of the seventh commandment, that then read, “Thou shalt commit adultery.” You’ll get a copy for $90k.
- In the Bible, God sent 2 bears to murder 42 children because they had mocked a man for being bald.
- Satan was never named “Lucifer.” The only use of the word Lucifer within the Bible was by Isaiah, who was referring to the fall of Babylon, not Satan.
- The most shoplifted book within the world is that the Bible.
- In 2011, British calligrapher Donald Jackson and a team of calligraphers completed what’s believed to the first handwritten Bible with illustrations since the invention of the printing press. It took 12 years to complete and price $8 million.
- The seraphim (6 winged Angel of the Bible) might mean a Fiery Serpent because the word Seraph is a synonym for serpent. God might have an army of dragons. It’s a subject of debate among theologians.
- There’s a 9th century Germanic ‘Bible’ which presents Jesus Christ as a warrior-king.
- Swearing on the Bible, is against the Bible.
- Jesus had four brothers and several unnamed sisters (mentioned within the gospels and other sources). And also the Church has tried to discredit this theory ever since the Bible existed.
- There is no physical description of Jesus within the Bible.
- Thomas Jefferson created his own Bible out of scrapes from the new testament so as to focus on the moral teachings of Jesus of Nazareth rather than impossibilities like the miracles and a resurrection.
- Within the old testament, Yahweh (God) actually sues Israel for breach of contract (the Sinai covenant). It’s the only instance of God initiating a lawsuit against humans in the Bible.
- Unicorns mentioned in the Bible.
- King David from the Bible offered 200 foreskins for his wife’s hand in marriage.
- Within the Bible, Adam isn’t banished from Eden for eating the fruit of knowledge. Instead, he’s banished just in case he eats the fruit of another forbidden tree, which is able to create him immortal.
- Hell in modern Bible translations refers to “Gehenna”, an actual place outside Jerusalem. Wherever it’s thought they used to burn garbage and thus there was always a fire burning there. Also, bodies of these deemed to have died in sin without hope of salvation (such as people that committed suicide) thrown and destroyed.
- There’s an organisation that illicitly parachutes copies of The Bible into North Korea.
Tell Your Opinion On Bible……