A jurist, a social reformer, the first law minister of independent India, and an economist, was the Chairman of the committee which drafted the Indian constitution. Dr. B.R.Ambedkar is consider the architect of the Indian constitution. From being one of the most authoritative names to be working against discrimination prevalent in the society. Since he brought about the Modern Indian Buddhist Movement in India.
Popularly he is called as Babasaheb, the Indian member of the jury, a politician, an economist and a social reformer. And who was born in the year 1891 in Mhow village, Madhya Pradesh. And known for his movements against social discrimination against the lower class Dalits, women and laborers.
Dr.Ambedkar, who was the pioneer of the Modern Buddhist Movement, passed away while he was asleep at his home in Delhi, on the 6 December 1956.
Here Are 10 Facts About DR.B.R.Ambedkar That Will Help You See Him In A New Light
While the country is celebrating his 125th birth anniversary year with so much pomp and show, we bring to you 7 facts about the great reformist of the Indian society which you may not have known about him:
- Dr. B.R.Ambedkar was at the fourteenth child of his parents.
- The ancestors of Ambedkar had been in the employment of the British East India Company’s army for a very long time.
- The original name of Ambedkar was in fact Ambavadekar. But his teacher, Mahadev Ambedkar, who was very fond of him changed his last name from ‘Ambavadekar’ to his own last name ‘Ambedkar’ in the school records.
- For 2 years, he also held the position for the principal at the Government Law College, Mumbai.
- Dr. B.R.Ambedkar did not approve of the Article 370 of the Constitution of India, Hence which provides a special status to the northern state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Dr.Ambedkar was the first Indian ever to pursue a doctorate degree in Economics abroad.
- Dr. B.R.Ambedkar underwent from a severe case of diabetes in the later years of his life.
- 1st Indian who graduated DSc in Economics.
- 1st Ph.D in Economics and 1st double doctorate in Economics holder in South Asia.
- Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar resigned from the post of the first Law Minister of Republic of India when his noble ‘Hindu Code Bill’ a women’s Rights for Indian women dropped by then Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Savior of labours, brought 8 hours of duty for labours in India. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar modified the working time from 12 hours to 8 hours within the 7th session of Indian Labour Conference in New Delhi, November 27, 1942.which became a light for workers in India.
This are various facts about Dr. B.R.Ambedkar who was first law minister of independent India and the architect of the Indian constitution. Since you have enjoyed the 7 facts about Dr. B.R.Ambedkar.
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar made efforts for the development of the whole country; still some people believe that he was only the leader of the lower caste Dalits. Now I hope you have got some idea about his greatness after referring this article.