You think you know about the great scientist Albert Einstein: the absent-minded genius who gave us the equation E=MC2 but did you know that he was born with such a large head that his mother thought he was deformed? Or that he had a secret child before he married? Here are some obscure facts about the Legend:
ALBERT EINSTEIN FACTS:
- Albert Einstein considered himself an agnostic rather than an atheist.
- The great breakthroughs made by Einstein came from visual thought experiments which performed in his head rather than the science lab.
- During his childhood, Einstein was a very slow learner and spoke slowly.
- The doctor who performed postmortem of Einstein’s body stole his brain and kept it in a jar for 20 years.
- The Nobel prize money that Einstein got went to his ex wife as a divorce settlement.
- He has offered the presidency of Israel but he politely declined.
- Albert Einstein had failed his University entrance exam and reapplied for it a year later.
- Einstein receive the Nobel Prize for the photoelectric effect and not for the theory of relativity.
- Einstein had a very bad memory and could not remember names, dates and phone numbers.
- Albert Einstein had an illegitimate daughter who was born in 1902.
- His famous equation, E=MC2 already published by an Austrian physicist, Friedrich Hasenohrl an year before him.
- His eyes remain in a safe box in New York city.
- Yoda, the character from Star Wars was built after the appearance of Albert Einstein.
- He did not have a car of his own and never learnt how to drive.
- Albert Einstein’s brain had a parietal lobe that was 15% larger than the average human brain.
- His favorite scientist was Galileo Galilei.
- Albert Einstein did not approve of segregation and called it the disease of white people he even worked against racism in America.
- Hours before his death Einstein was still trying to prove his theory of everything.
- The Nazis had placed a US Dollar £5,000 on Einstein’s head.
- Albert Einstein was one amongst the 5000+ people who signed a petition to overturn Germany’s ban on homosexuality.
Einstein wished that people should be respected for their humanity and not for the country of origin or religion, so let’s promise in the respect of the great man to spread humanity and compassion