The primary role of Indian Armed Forces are Defense of India against foreign aggression through land, air or sea.
Assisting the government to keep up law and order and to fight against insurgents. Assisting relief operations just in case of natural calamities. Protection of public properties.
11 Amazing Facts About Indian Army :-
- The Indian Army formed in 1776, beneath the govt. of the East India Company in Kolkata.
- The Indian Army has almost 53 cantonments and 9 army bases, spread across India.
- The Siachen Glacier, 5000 meters on top of sea level, is highest Battlefield in world and Indian Army controls it.
- The Indian Army is biggest voluntary army in world. To think that we’ve the most number of willing soldiers in world is matter of Great pride.
- The Military Engineering Services (MES) is one among the biggest construction agencies in India.
- The Indian Army has cavalry regiment. There are only 3 such regiments in world.
- Assam rifles, the oldest paramilitary unit in India, formed in 1835.
Facts About Indian Army:-
- The Indian Army is one among the biggest troop contributors to the United Nations peace making operations.
- The Bailey Bridge is highest bridge in the world. Since situated in the Ladakh Valley between the Dras and Suru rivers in Himalayas it made by the Indian Army in 1982.
- The President’s bodyguard is oldest armoured regiment of the Indian Army. It been established in 1773. And is presently based in the Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
- Soldiers of the Indian Army considered among the most effective in jungle warfare. The Counter-insurgency and Jungle Warfare School is usually visited by forces from the US, the UK, and Russia among others.
Indian army won high esteem and fame throughout the world war and after independence it with success dealt with all internal and external threats. It with success dealt with foreign aggression in 5 major combats.
1999- Kargil War
1971- Bangladesh liberation war
1965- Indo- Pak War
1962 Sino- Indian War
1948 India- Pak War
We are proud of our army.
What would you say about Indian Army?