<p style=”text-align: justify;”>Hindus all round the world are famed to celebrate festivals with a lot of passion and fervor. Generally to precise joy and hope and sometimes to appease the gods in the hope of accomplishing salvation. The Kumbh Mela, held each 3 years, is one such pageant, a journeying of religion for Hindus looking to clean their past sins. The Mela, that is the world’s largest gathering of its kind, attracts lakhs of bhaktas (devotees) from all over the country and round the globe.
Here Are Some Amazing Facts About Kumbh Mela :-
- The writings of the celebrated Chinese traveller Hiuen Tsang or Xuanzang (602 – 664 A.D.) have mentioned concerning Ujjain Kumbh Mela. He visited India throughout the reign of King Harshvardhana. Apparently, this can be the oldest written proof until date.
- The Kumbh Mela celebrated once in each twelve years on the premise of movement of two planets – Jupiter and Sun in Allahabad (the event of entrance of Jupiter in Aries circle and Sun and Moon in Capricorn). In Nashik (When the Jupiter enters in Leo and additionally once Jupiter, Sun and therefore the Moon enter in Cancer on Amavasya day). In Haridwar (when the Sun enters the Aries and therefore the Jupiter enters the Aquarius). And Ujjain (When the Sun is within the zodiac sign Aries and Jupiter is within the Leo). The Ardha Kumbha Mela held at Haridwar and Allahabad, once in each six years. The Purna Kumbha Mela happens at Allahabad, each 12 years and therefore the maha Kumbha Mela is held solely at Allahabad each 144 years.
- Anyone visiting the Kumbh Mela will witness a diversified crowd that has varied varieties of holy men. These embody, Naga Sadhus, the naked holy monks of India; Urdhwavahurs, who perform rituals that embody golf stroke the body through severe austerities. Parivrajakas, who do not speak at all and have taken a vow of silence. Shirshasinis, who stand whole day on their heads and meditate and Kalpvasis are those who bath thrice a day.
- Over 100 Million individuals participated at the most important congregation of humanity throughout Kumbh Mela in 2013 over the period of 55 days in Allahabad.
- So as to manage and improve the conduct of the most important fair on earth. Indian house and analysis Organisation (ISRO) in 2010 took satellite footage of the grand Kumbh Mela event which may be seen below:
- The favored TV series “An idiot Abroad” featured the Kumbh Mela in its second episode.
- Consistent with a report, the management of the most important festival on earth creates 65,000 jobs directly or indirectly.
- A stunning Bengali film, Amrita Kumbher Sandhane showed people the grand Kumbh Mela. It got free in 1982 and was directed by Dilip Roy.
- Within the year 2010, BBC created a stunning documentary on Kumbh Mela, titled “Kumbh Mela: the best show on earth”.
- Consistent with the BBC reports, concerning 14 temporary hospitals, also with around 250 doctors are specially assigned to take care of the massive crowd throughout Kumbh Mela.
- A team of around 50,000 police officers are manage the grand crowd throughout Kumbh. Thirty temporary Police chowkis also are created to combat security problems.
- This grandiose Hindu competition is believed to be over 2 thousand years recent.
Kumbh Mela isn’t simply a mere celebration like Diwali and Holi, however holds heap of importance for individuals in India. People also hunt to Kumbh Mela with highest regard, as this event provides them a golden chance to liberate themselves from the miseries and sufferings of life. It allows them to require a holy dip within the sacred water and wash away all the sins they need committed within the past.