<p style=”text-align: justify;”> The word “zombie” said to the African word nzambi means “god”. The Grand Serpent the “Le Grand Zombi” was the father of all “lLaos” and appeared in form of a python. There are essentially 2 theories on the origin of zombies:
1) a cursed person dies and returns as a zombie.
2) an individual contracts a virus or exposed to radiation.
10 Amazing Facts About Zombies:-
- The word Zombie 1st seen in 1819. The Oxford English Dictionary says a zombie is “a Soulless corpse said to have revived by witchcraft“.
- Originally, it says, Zombie was the name of a Snake God in voodoo cults of Africa and Haiti.
- As per Haitian Folklore, if you feed salt to a zombie it’ll come back to its grave.
- As per the Live Science web site, Australia is safest place to be throughout a zombie outbreak.
- White Zombie (1932) was the 1st film with Zombie in its title….
- But meat-eating zombies really began in 1968 with George Romero’s Night of the Living Dead.
- A movie is currently made from the book Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith. Which mixes Jane Austen with zombie fiction.
- In 1930, The Zombie is cocktail created made from liqueurs, fruit juices and varied rums.
- The Journal of Ethnopharmacology gave a scientific case for the existence of zombies in 1983.
- One of the foremost well-organized zombie survivalist sites is ZCORE that stands for Zombie Coalition Offensive Response Elite. It prices $4 to join.
The individuals in famous horror film 28 Days aren’t technically zombies as they do not die before they take on a zombie-like look and become fixated on killing. October 8th is World Zombie Day.
What’s your opinion about Zombies?