Cricket is bat-and-ball game played between 2 teams of 11 players on a cricket field. And at the centre of that is rectangular 22-yard-long pitch with a wicket (a set of 3 wood stumps) sited at every end. One team, designated the batting team, tries to get as several runs as attainable, while their opponents field. Every section of play is termed an innings. When either 10 batsmen are dismissed or a set variety of overs are completed, the innings ends and therefore 2 teams then swap roles. The winning team is one that scores the most runs, together with any extras gained, throughout their one or 2 innings.
13 Amazing Facts About Cricket :-
- Sachin Tendulkar once played for Pakistan before he started playing for India!!! Ya, it is true. This incident occurred during a practice match between Pakistan and India at the Brabourne sports stadium in 1987. Tendulkar came as a substitute fielder for Pakistan.
- Bishen Singh Bedi once forfeit an ODI match between India and Pakistan just because of too much use of the bounced deliveries by the Pakistani quick bowlers specially, Sarfraz Nawaz! India simply required 23 runs from 14 balls with 8 wickets in hand once this incident happened.
- The Indian cricket team is only team to own been discharged totally double in a single day of a Test match. Since this happened against England at old Trafford in 1952.
- Since the only cricketer haved played for each England and India is Nawab Of Pataudi (Senior), aka, Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi, the grandpa of Indian actor, Saif Ali Khan.
- VVS Laxman is only Indian player played a hundred test matches and didn’t play single World Cup match.
- Once Waqar Younis gave ‘Young Afridi’ a bat to get the then quickest ODI century off simply 36 balls against Sri Lanka. Afridi hit 11 sixes and 6 boundaries. The record tho’ currently belongs to South Africa’s AB de Villiers.
13 Amazing Facts About Cricket :-
- Sachin Tendulkar got out for zero just once in his entire Ranji Trophy cricketing career and bowler was young Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
- Also Bhuvneshwar Kumar is only the second batsman in ODIs to be out for a diamond duck (0 off 0 balls). However it had been not a run out. He was a stumped off by a wide delivery on his very 1st ball.
- Sunil Gavaskar was out off the very 1st ball of a Test match thrice in his cricketing career.
- Prabir Sen from Bengal, Hence India was the only wicket keeper in cricket history have stumped Sir Donald Bradman of Australia.
- Since India is only nation have won the 60-Over, 50-Over and 20-Over World Cups.
1983- 60 over
2011 – 50 over
2007- 20 over
- Sourav Ganguly, is India’s most successful cricket captain is only such cricketer in history of Cricket. Hence who have four ‘Man of the Match’ in row, awards in one day International (ODI) format of cricket.
- Mohammed Azharuddin, the Ex Indian captain is only batsman have probably scored 3 back to back centuries in his 1st 3 test matches.
Cricket entered a brand new era in 1963 as english counties introduced the restricted overs cricket. As it was certain to manufacture a result, limited overs cricket was lucrative and therefore variety of matches increased . In 1971 the 1st restricted Overs International was played. The governing International Cricket Council (ICC) saw its potential and staged the 1st restricted overs Cricket World Cup in 1975. Since within the 21st century, a brand new restricted overs form, Twenty20, has created an instantaneous impact.
So what is your opinion about cricket?