Starting from its establishment in 1950, Area 51 has attracted the interest of a huge number of people eager to discover. All what lies behind the perimeter of the closely guarded military airbase. Hence people has not allowed to enter the top secret location in the Nevada desert for about 60 years. Which included a large no-fly zone in the air space nearby. Area 51 has been the site of many secret programs which run by the CIA. Where it used to test new technologies and some of military’s most advanced weapons.
There are many myths related to this area so to try. And help you separate myths from reality here are some things about area 51 you probably didn’t know
- The CIA acknowledged its existence in 2013 due the nature of work undertaken at Area 51. Which considered so sensitive by the U.S. officials that the bureau refused to acknowledge the existence of area 51 in all its official documents.
- The site began as a test center for the U2 spy plane which was capable of carrying out surveillance over the Soviet Union and developed after World War II.
- Although the use of drones is now common by the US military in conflict with other countries. Its development had began some time ago. And area 51 the location for the 1st test flight of an unmanned Drone in 1964.
- The US actually uses area 51 as a site for testing captured technology from hostile powers to aircraft belongings from Russia, Israel and Iraq .
- The disclosure of area 51 done accidentally. A memo sent by the CIA director which dealt with the deployment of surveillance aircraft from Area 51 to participate in spying over North Vietnam during the Vietnam War.
- The US Army is accused of using toxic substances at Area 51. It has suggested that they took advantage of the secrecy around area 51. And obligated people to dump large quantities of toxic waste at the site.
- Photos were once inadvertently taken of the base. A group of inexperienced astronauts took the photographs of area 51 site. This triggered the national security to officially acknowledge the base.
- According to rumors which followed the appearance of new satellite data showing area 51 has a new major project underway. Hence which supposed to be the next generation spy plane.
- The killing of Osama Bin Laden which took place in May 2011 carried out by a team of Navy Seals into Black Hawk helicopter. The most likely place with this helicopter would have been tested before used in the operation was area 51.
- Last but not the least, according to a secret agent, area 51 was the centre of a US cover up that came into action following the alleged crashing of a UFO at Roswell.
You won’t find it on any geological or Aeronautical maps, yet flights to it leave Las Vegas Airport every day. Hence Some say alien aircrafts stored there and reverse engineered in order to create new aircrafts and weapons or since is it the site of genetic testing and other diabolical plots. No matter what it is; Area 51 will always remain covered in mystery.