So here are a few Cats facts you may find interesting:-
- Every year approximately 4 million cats eaten in Asia only.
- First Cloned pet was a cat. And name was “Little Nicky”. Hence it cost his owner $50,000 making cat one of the most expensive pet cat ever.
- North America’s most popular pets are cats. There are 73 million cats as compared to 63.2 million dogs in North America. Over 30% of households in North America own a cat.
- Most cats give birth to one or nine kittens. Since the largest known litter ever produced was 19 kittens from which 15 survived.
- The First cat in space was French named Felicette (a. k. a. “Astrocat”). In 1963, Franch send cat into outer space. She survived the trip. Electrodes implanted in her brains which send neurological signal back to Earth.
- If we calculate average, cats spend 2/3 of every day sleeping. Hence that means a 9 years old cat has been awake for only three years of life.
- Male cats are more left pawed, While Female cats tend to right pawed. The interesting facts is 90% of humans are right-handed and other 10% are left handed.
- We have seen Cats hate water because their fur does not insulate well when it is wet. There is one cat the likes swimming is The Turkish Van.
- Full grown cats have 30 teeth. Kittens have about 26 teeth which are temporary and lose when they are about six months old.
- A cat can independently rotates its ears 180 degrees because cats have 32 muscles that control outer ear and human have only 6.
few Cats facts you may find interesting:-
- On record the lightest cat is a blue point Himalayan called Tinker Toy, And weighted 1 pound and 6 ounces i.e (616 g).
- Cats heart beats twice as human heart at 100 to 140 beats per minute.
- Since cats experts think cats use angle of the sunlight to find their way or that cats have magnetized cells in their brains that act as compasses. Hence this ability of cat to find way to home called as “psi travelling”.
- When cat chases its pray, it keeps its head level. Since Dogs and humans bob their heads down and up.
- A group of cats called as “clowder”.
- The Cat’s brain is more similar to a human brain than it is to a dog’s. Both humans and cats have Same regions in their that are responsible for emotions.
- Cats can run up to 30 miles per hour i.e 49km per hours.
- World richest cat is worth of $13 million after his human owner passed away and left her for him.
- Dogs make around 10 different sounds but amazing facts is cats make more than 100 different sounds.
- In the 15th century, Pope Innocent VIII began ordering the killing cats, pronouncing them demonic.
Whether you are a cat person or a dog person you cannot admit that cats are the most interesting creatures after knowing these bizarre facts about them.