On 6th July, 1935 The Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, was born to parents in Taktser, a village in northeastern Tibet. He was one among 5 kids in the family. He found by Tibetan monks when he was two years old. Hence the monks tested the boy to examine if he was the reincarnation of the 13th Dalai Lama. At 2, he renamed Tenzin Gyatso,at age 4 he took the throne and at age 6 became a monk.
10 Amazing Dalai Lama Facts :-
- 13 thousand-year-old Potala Palace in Lhasa is the place where Dalai Lama grew up. Since the Chinese Army crushed an battle in his country in 1959, he has lived in exile in India.
- For advocating nonviolent means to free Tibet from China, Dalai Lama awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989.
- His Holiness’s hobbies include meditating, gardening, and repairing watches.
- The Dalai Lama 1st visited the U.S. in 1979. He toured for 7 weeks, throughout which he spoke at variety of universities as well as UCLA, Georgetown, and Harvard. A service in his honor was control at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in new york town.
- It had been a long-time dream of the Dalai Lama to go to the Johnson Center in Houston. Throughout his 1979 visit to U.S, he scheduled to tour the Johnson center, however the tour was off at the moment.
- President Bush in October 2007 joined with legislature leaders in an exceedingly ceremony within the Capitol rotunda to present the legislature prize to the Dalai Lama in recognition of his human-rights work. In doing thus, the White House said, Bush became the first sitting U.S. president to meet the Dalai Lama publicly.
Amazing Dalai Lama Facts :-
- Previous conferences with Bush and his predecessors are questionable personal conferences. A diplomatic charade meant to avoid angering Chinese leaders who get to deny international recognition of the Dalai Lama.
- The Dalai Lama extremely fascinated by science. And has several years committed analysis wanting into however meditation affects the brain.
- He has spoken at various scientific conferences on the topic and once explained, “Buddhism can get modification, “If science proves that some belief of Buddhism wrong. Hence in my view, science and Buddhism share a look what is the reality and for understand reality.”
- The machines that he developed as a young boy is what The Dalai Lama interested in. As a young person he repaired a film projector by himself, without its guide or any instructions.
He has spend all his life for Holiness. He has been better-known to mention that he would become an engineer if he hadn’t been a monk. Dalai Lama is been awarded the Nobel Prize, Honorary Prize. He is also known for nonviolence acts.
What do you say about this great person?