<p style=”text-align: justify;”> Cancer affects everybody – the young and old, the wealthy and poor, men, ladies and kids – and represents an incredible burden on family members and relatives. One of the leading causes of death in world, mostly in developing countries is due to cancer. Yet, several of this deaths may avoided. Also over 30% of cancer may prevented by healthy life style. Others may detected early, treated and cured. Even with late stage cancer, the suffering of patients may be alleviated with smart palliative care.
10 Interesting Facts About Cancer :-
- There are over a hundred forms of cancers; Since any organ of the body may be affected.
- In 2008, 7.6 million individuals died of cancer of all deaths worldwide.
- About 70th of all cancer deaths occur in low- and middle-income countries.
- Worldwide, the 5 common forms of cancer that kill ladies are (in the order of frequency): breast, lung, stomach, fats and cervical. In several developing countries, cervical cancer is common cancer.
- Worldwide, the 5 common forms of cancer that kill men are lung, stomach, liver, fats and Oesophagus.
- Tobacco use is single largest preventable reason for cancer in world hence causing 22nd of cancer deaths
- One fifth part of all cancers all over the world are cause by a chronic infection. For ex. cervical cancer caused by human Papillomavirus (HPV) and cancer of the liver caused by hepatitis B virus (HBV).
Cancers of major public health relevancy like breast, cervical and fats cancer is cured. Hence if detected early and treated adequately.
All patients in need of pain relief might helped if current knowledge regarding pain control and palliative care applied.
More than 30% of cancer might be prevent, mostly by not using tobacco, having a healthy diet, being physically active and moderating the intake of alcohol. In developing countries up to 20 of cancer deaths might prevented by immunisation against the infection of HBV and HPV.
More than 20,000 people die daily of Cancer. Hence care should be taken to pevent cancer when it is at first stage. Many types of medicines are available in the world to prevent cancer.
whats your opinion about cancer?