How many times on a daily basis do you concentrate to your breathing? In all probability not even once, as a result it goes unperceived. However while not respiring, no human being on earth can survive. Whereas our nose is a medium to exchange atmospherical air and strain the unwanted substance. The core job of respiration is performed by the lungs. So, now we are progressing to learn:
Some Fascinating Human Lungs Facts And Determine Their Superb Powers!
- As we know lungs are the organs responsible for respiration. Respiration is completely different than breathing. breathing involves the act of inhaling oxygen and exhaling carbon dioxide gas. this process is completed by nose. Breathing on the opposite side is a method of breaking down oxygen so it is utilized by body cell to make energy. Thus, breathing could be a part of respiration, as a result while not breathing oxygen cannot enter our body. thus the work of our lungs is to process the oxygen.
- As we know human body consist of 2 lungs – both the lungs together weighs 2.9 pounds or 1.3 kg but the left lung is lighter than the right lung.
- The left lung is quite smaller and has two lobes while the right lung is bigger than the left one and has three lobes.
- The structure of left lung is different than the right one. The left lung has a small place designed for heart known as cardiac notch.
- If we measure the length of airways running through the two lungs it measures 1,500 miles or 2,400kilometers.
- Lungs consist of 300 to 500 million alveoli. Alveoli are very small and spongy air sacks which is 10 micrometers in size.
Fascinating Facts About Lungs :-
- Like the heart human lungs are safely kept in rib cage in chest. The lungs are attached to the spinal chord and the sternum.
- By breathing the lung gets expand, this process of expansion is held only if diaphragm squeezes.
- Or lungs will always retain 1 litre of air, no matter how much we exhale that is why human lungs are the only organs that floats on water.
- Human lungs breathe about 8000 to 9000 litres of air or about 2100 to 2400 gallons of air every day.
- The process of inhaling and exhaling is directed by the brain. the rate of inhaling and exhaling is decrease or increased by brain because brain is capable of sensing oxygen concentration in air.
- In an average we lose half litre of water every day through breathing.
- The breathing rate of men are slower than children and women.
- A human being breathes about 14 to 16 times per minute but it increase upto 60 times per minute after exercise.
- 40 billion trillion molecules of oxygen we breathe every day.
- Do you know that human lungs are the only organs that can float?
I personally think that we can increase the efficiency of lungs by exercise which tends to increase the size of blood capillaries.