Nathuram Godse (19 May 1910 – 15 November 1949) hearing this name the first what comes to our mind is why did he shot Mahatma Gandhi? The reason is Godse, thought that throughout the partition of India Gandhi favoured only political demands of India‘s Muslims . So He planned the assassination with Narayan Apte and 6 others.
10 Unknown Facts About Godse
- Nathuram Vinayakrao Godse was born in a Chitpavan Brahmin family at Pune , Vinayak Vamanrao Godse,His father, was a postal employee; his mother was Lakshmi .
- At birth, he was named Ramachandra. Nathuram was given his name due to an unfortunate incident. Before he was born, his folks had 3 sons and a girl, with all 3 boys died. Fearing a curse that targeted 3 male kids.
- Young Ramachandra was brought up as a woman for the first few years of his life, together with having his nose punctured and being created to wear a nose-ring. It had been then that he attained the nickname “Nathuram”.
- Godse attended the school at Baramati through the 5th standard, when that he sent to live with an aunty in Pune so he might study at an English-medium school. Throughout his school days, he extremely revered Gandhi.
- Godse dropped out of high school and became an activist with Hindu nationalist organizations Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and Hindu Mahasabha, though the precise dates of his membership are unsure.
- Godse started Marathi language newspaper for the Hindu Mahasabha, called “Agrani” that after some years renamed as Hindu Rashtra. In Godse’s read, Gandhi was giving in to Muslim interests in ways that appeared unfair and anti-national.
- Godse approached Gandhi on 30 Jan 1948 during the Evening Prayer at 17:17. when Godse bowed to Gandhi, one of the women supporting Gandhi tried make him aside, but he pushed her aside and shot Gandhi in the chest 3 times at point-blank vary with a Beretta M 1934 semi-automatic handgun. Gandhi taken to Birla House, where he died.
Nathuram Godse Advocate
- On 8 November 1949, at Peterhoff, Shimla, Godse put on trial at the Punjab high court. He was sentenced to death. Though pleas for commutation were created by Gandhi’s 2 sons, Manilal Gandhi and Ramdas Gandhi. They turned down by India‘s prime minister Nehru, deputy prime minister Vallabhbhai Patel and also the Governor-General Chakravarti Rajagopalachari,and Godse hanged at Ambala Jail on 15 November 1949.
- The Hindu Mahasabha vilified as Millions of Indians mourned Gandhi’s assassination. And the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh was quickly prohibited. However, investigators may realize no proof that the RSS forms had formally sponsored or maybe knew of Godse’s plot. The ban on the RSS raised in 1949. To the current day it denies any reference to Godse and disputes the claim that he was a member.
- His brother gopal godse later claimed that “All the brothers were in the RSS. Nathuram, Dattatreya and Govind. you can say they tend to grow up in the RSS instead of in their home. It had been sort of a family to them. Nathuram had become a baudhik karyavah.
Godse was an also advocate of Hindu nationalism, from Pune, Maharashtra. He was a good man and he did right thing and some say he was a cruel person,each one has different point of view.
So whats your opinion about Nathuram Godse?