<p style=”text-align: justify;”> Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is humanitarian leader, a Spiritual teacher, and an Ambassador of peace. His vision of a stress-free, violence-free society has united uncountable people the globe over through service projects and the courses of The Art of Living.
13 Facts about Sri Sri Ravi Shankar :-
- Ravi Shankar was named “Ravi” as his birth falls on a Sunday and “Shankar” when the eighth-century Hindu saint, Adi Shankara, as it had been also Shankara’s birthday that day.
- At the age of 4, without taught, also he was able to recite the verses of the Bhagavad Gita. Ravi Shankar’s 1st teacher was Sudhakar Chaturvedi, a close associate of Mahatma Gandhi and an Indian Vedic Scholar.
- Ravi Shankar, went into ‘silence’ for 10 days at the age of 25 and found an easy relaxation technique known as Sudharshan Kriya. That is currently taught in 152 countries across the world.
- As per studies conducted at Harvard, it had found that 70-80 % of patients affected by AIDS benefitted from Sudharshan Kriya.
- He holds a Bachelor of Science degree from St. Joseph’s college, Bangalore University.
- After finishing his graduation, Shankar also traveled with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi giving talks and arranging conferences on Vedic science, and setting up Ayurveda and Meditation centres.
- In the year 1983, Shankar organized the 1st Art of Living course in Europe, in Switzerland.
- In 1986, he traveled to Apple vale, California in US to conduct the 1st course to be organize in North America.
Facts about Sri Sri Ravi Shankar :-
- Ravi Shankar started keeping a beard only to look mature. He explained that, ‘Wherever i might go, people would feel discomfited when watching a young boy sitting on a stage.
- Being one among the foremost magnetic personalities of the globe, with an ever growing following that runs into millions, his message is simple: make your anger very costly and your smile low cost.
- His Art of Living foundation is currently spread over 152 countries and hence considered the world’s largest volunteer-based NGO.
- Since he usually scolded by his mother, Amma, for bringing an empty bag after a travel as he would give all his belongings to others.
- In the year 2009, Ravi Shankar named by Forbes Magazine as 5th most powerful leader in India.
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has been a nominative multiple times for the Nobel peace prize. Hence he was the 1st Indian Spiritual Leader to be invited in Pakistan. Honorary doctorates has awarded for his humanitarian work. Sri Sri’s NGO is functioning with the UN on numerous projects. It enjoys a consultive status with the UN.
What would you say about Shri Shri Ravi Shankar?