BJP President Amit Shah is a politician from Gujarat who has grown into prominence at the national level when BJP led by Narendra Modi came to the power at the centre. Shah joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and managed election campaigns for LK Advani and Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
He was able to stage manage the recovery of BJP at national level. He is thought of to be the close confidante of Gujarat strongman Narendra Modi. Here.we discuss 9 fascinating facts about Amit Shah.”
Interesting Facts About President Of BJP Amit Shah :-
- During his college days, shah was a leader of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP). He related to RSS since childhood. When he was doing his graduation, he officially became a volunteer of RSS.
- Before joining BJP in 1986, Shah worked as a stockbroker. In 1995, he appointed as the chairperson of Gujarat State Finance Corporation in Keshubhai Patel government.
- He 1st met Narendra Modi in 1982 within the Ahmedabad RSS circles. At that time, Modi was a minor RSS pracharak, working as in-charge of youth activities in town.
- Shah managed election campaigns for Lal krishna Advani and Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 1991 and 1996, severally. This helped him emerge as an excellent election manager and strategist.
- Shah elected as a Member of legislative assembly from Sarkhej in four consecutive elections — 1997 (by-election), 1998, 2002 and 2007.
- After Narendra Modi‘s thrashing win in 2002’s Gujarat assembly polls, Shah given charge of many major sections as well as Home, Parliamentary Affairs, and Law and Justice.
- In 2010, he accused of orchestrating 2 fake police encounter cases when he was the state minister in charge of Home Affairs. Shah forced to resign on the allegations of fake encounters. He was later arrested on a similar charges. However, he was clean-handed on finding no conclusive proof against him.
- He was banished from Gujarat for 2 years by the Supreme Court confirmed his role within the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case. From 2010 to 2012, he used his time to unite with veterans of various areas of work in Delhi. He created a solid comeback to mark a historical win for BJP in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
- BJP created Amit shah its party-in-charge for Uttar Pradesh elections. He was ready to ensure the resounding victory for the party. Under his supervision, BJP can able to win 73 out of 80 seats.
- He was made national president of the party in July 2014. Under his leadership, the BJP stormed to power in Maharashtra, Jharkhand, Haryana and Jammu and Kashmir.
Despite his non-political family background and a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, he chose to become a Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) volunteer and Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) leader. Because of his aggressive speeches and campaigning style, Amit shah has continually perceived as a notorious figure in the Indian politics. This is the reason why leaders and party member of BJP in Uttar Pradesh were in utter dismay when he chosen to lead the charge in the state for the Lok Sabha Elections, 2014. Operating in absolute harmony with a crack team. However, Modi’s man on Friday and forever successfully led his party to the highest-ever score in UP, creating people wish to see the opposite side of his personality!