<p style=”text-align: justify;”>Jyotirao Phule, a outstanding activist, thinker and social reformer from the Indian state of Maharashtra throughout the 19th century, was also popular by the name of mahatma Jyotiba Phule. Throughout his time, he tried bringing in positive renovations within the spheres of education, agriculture, caste system, social position of girls etc. Out of everything that Phule ever did, he is most remembered for his unselfish service to teach girls and lower caste people.
11 Interesting Facts About Phule
- Jyotirao Govindrao Phule, who after educating his woman, opened the 1st school for women in India in August 1848.
- Later on, Phule started the Satya Shodhak Samaj or the Society of Seekers of Truth together with Jyotirao. Jyotirao was its 1st president and financial officer in 1873.
- The important aim of this institute was to stop exploitation and misconduct to individuals from the low caste Shudra at the hands of the upper class Brahmins within the society.
- Owing to his relentless struggle to derive equal rights justice also the lower caste and for the farmers. Jyotirao Govindrao Phule, considered one among the foremost significant figure within the social movement in Maharashtra state during his time.
- Phule himself belonged to a Mali caste in the town of Pune. The life history of Jyotirao Govindrao Phule took a meaningful turn when his intelligence detected by Muslim and Christian neighbors who convinced his father to permit him to check at the local Scottish Mission’s highschool.
- Interestingly, mahatma Phule nurtured a good perspective on British rule in India owing he thought it a minimum of introduced the trendy notions of justice and equality into the Indian society.
- Mahatma got a home built for housing higher caste widows. And even advocated widow-remarriage throughout 1854. So as to set an example before the individuals, he opened his own house.
- Apart from his role as a social activist, Phule was a businessperson too. In 1882 memorial, he titled himself as merchant, cultivator and Contractor.
- For period of time, he provided building materials needed for the development. Since for the 1st masonry dam in India at Khadakwasla close to Pune in the 1870. And he worked as a contractor for the govt. Hence one of Phule’s businesses, established in 1863, was to provide metal-casting equipment.
- According to Keer, Phule conferred with the title of mahatma on 11 may 1888 by another social reformer from Mumbai, Vithalrao Krishnaji Vandekar.
- Phule has commemorated various times in Maharashtra also as alternative regions of India. Universities, museums ,vegetable markets (Pune, Mumbai) named after him.
Phule is a very important figure of the Social movement in Maharashtra. He and his mate, Savitribai Phule, were pioneers of women’s education in India. He’s most renowned for his efforts to teach girls and also the lower castes. He was a great man .
Whats your opinion about Jyotirao Phule?