Marie Skłodowska was born on 7th November 1867 in Warsaw, Poland, to a family of lecturers who believed powerfully in education. She went to Paris to continue her studies and there she met Pierre Curie, hence who became her husband and colleague in the field of radiation. The couple later shared the 1903 Nobel prize in Physics.
11 Facts you don’t know about Marie Curie
- In 1896 discovery of radiation by Henri Becquerel inspired Marie. And Pierre Curie to more investigate this development.
- They examined several substances and minerals for signs of radiation.
- They found that the mineral uranium ore was additional hot than metal. And ended that it should contain alternative radioactive substances. From it they managed to extract 2 antecedently unknown components, Polonium and Radium.
- Pierre died in 1906, however continuing the couple’s work and went on to become the 1st person ever to be awarded 2 Nobel Prizes. Throughout war I.
- When Marie and Pierre Curie 1st discovered the radioactive components Polonium and Radium.
- Marie continuing to research their properties. In 1910 she with success made Radium as a pure metal, that proved the new element’s existence beyond a doubt.
Marie Curie organized mobile X-ray groups
- She also documented the properties of the radioactive components and their compounds.
- Radioactive compounds became necessary as sources of radiation in each scientific experiments and within the field of drugs. Wherever they’re accustom treat tumors.
- During world war I, Curie organized mobile X-ray groups. The Curies’ girl child, Irene, was additionally together awarded the Nobel prize in Chemistry alongwith her husband, Frederic Joliot.
- She died on 4th july 1934 at Sallanches, France the age of 66, Marie Curie died of pernicious anemia. A condition she developed when years of exposure to radiation through her work.
- Marie Curie was the 1st lady get awarded a place within the Pantheon for her own achievements.
Marie Curie‘s life as a Researcher was one that flourished owing to her ability to see, deduce and predict. She is additionally arguably the 1st lady to create such a major contribution to science. Marie Curie the charity is proud to named in honour of her.
What is your opinion about Marie Curie?