<p style=”text-align: justify;”> Judaism is an Abrahamic Religion that originated about 3500 years before in Middle East. Several believe that Moses was the founder of Judaism though its history dates back to Abraham. The foremost necessary religious writing of Judaism is that the Torah and its laws known as Halakhah. Judaism teaches that there’s one God. Since the Hebrew bible named the Tanakh and followers of Judaism known as Jews. The name of individuals who were from Ancient Kingdom of Judea were known as Jew. Eventually the word Jew came to be related to individuals of the Jewish religion.
16 Unknown Facts About Judaism Religion :-
- Jewish places of worship are known as synagogues.
- Also spiritual leaders of Judaism are known as Rabbis.
- Jewish followers known to God as Yahweh.
- The Torah consists of the 5 books of Moses (Old Testament in Christianity).
- In the 1100s a Jewish philosopher Maimonides wrote the 13 Articles of religion that summarized Jewish beliefs.
- Judaism has many other sects that have developed over time also including orthodox Judaism ,conservative Judaism , reformed Judaism, and Hasidic Judaism.
Unknown Judaism Facts :-
- Jewish holidays commemorate necessary events in history, necessary times of the year, and necessary times in people’s lives.
- Jewish holidays add the Sabbath, Passover, the Day of Atonement, the festive of Booths, the Jewish New Year, the festive of Trees, Purim, and therefore the Days of Awe that add 10 days starting on Rosh Hashanah and ending 10 days afterward Yom Kippur.
- Although Hanukkah is a very important Jewish vacation it is not a part of the Hebrew Scriptures. Because it’s meant to celebrate a fair that occurred when the Scriptures were written.
- It celebrates the success over the Syrian-Greek rulers of Jerusalem by the Maccabees, and therefore the Temple’s dedication in 164 BCE.
- In Judaism the foremost necessary spiritual practice is following the 613 Commandments in Law of Moses.
- There are about 14,000,000 Jewish people in world nowadays.
- In the Second war, since over 6 million Jewish individuals were dead by the Nazis in an attempt to eradicate the race. It’s mentioned as Holocaust.
- Traditional Jewish law states that any kid born to a Jewish mother also is a Jew.
- There are 3 pilgrim’s journey festivals in Judaism adding Passover, Shavuot, and Sukkot.
- During Hanukkah (Festival of Lights), Jewish families light eight candles over a time of eight days. On day one they light one candle, on day 2 they light 2 candles, etc…
The spiritual image of Judaism is Star of David. In order for food to be Kosher it cannot contain pork – Jewish followers don’t eat pork. When a Jewish boy turns 13 or a Jewish woman turns 12 they celebrate their Bar Mitzvah. This is often a ceremony of passage leading into adulthood. Jewish culture is really a great culture.
What is your opinion about Judaism Religion?